My position on FAVA, clarified

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My position on FAVA, clarified

Post  acf492 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:48 pm

If you aren't interested in drama, please disregard this thread. I just felt like expressing myself on this point, which isn't a major point, given that nothing really happened.

This morning on the 42south server, I offered another user the opportunity to be with IAVA. He responded saying that he had already been offered positions with FAVA and HAVA.

I told him about the fact that when I was looking for an airline to belong to, in Sept 2011, I was not interested in what I described as an "involved process" to get in the air as a pilot with FAVA. At which point, the user responded saying that there exists a "ridiculous hierarchy" in the airline. Please note that this person's views are wholly biased, given the refusal to be involved in any VA. Maybe he thinks all VAs are ridiculous.

All would have been fine except that FAVA EXO David appeared at that exact moment, and reacted immediately accusing myself and the other user of talking behind his back, and seemed quite upset at "all this bullsh*t" from multiple sources.

I take responsibility for offending Dave this morning. I even switched servers after they went to CVW171 server, to find out if I had properly explained the situation to them, since I do represent IAVA even if the issue is my personal opinion. CEO Dan told me that I should have made a complaint if I thought something was wrong with FAVA. I explained that I don't see anything wrong with their airline, rather I have a right to my own preferences, and I preferred not to go through a lengthy process to fly for an airline. It is understandable, seeing as I am a pilot in real life, and I already have done lots of training.

Guess what? If somebody is excited by the experience of training and approval first before flying for a VA, unfortunately the training at IAVA is non-existant and nothing has been prepared. And you aren't going to get much attention unless you ask for it. It's a fact. If somebody wants that kind of experience, they can get it at FAVA, and they could have a great time doing it. That's also a fact. The process is involved. It is not a bad thing, some people will like it, some people will want to fly right away.

But then, the other user this morning did state their opinion that FAVA has a "ridicolous hierarchy." Well, that is negative statement, but no harm was done by expressing an opinion. IAVA at one point had 2 CEOs plus a D/CEO and only one active pilot. That could also be considered a "rediculous hierarchy," being top-heavy with executives. But I really couldn't care if somebody thinks that. It doesn't stop me from enjoying the game at all. So, ultimately, it comes down to one question: who cares?

I read a blog post on ysfhq.com a while ago stating that there was a "war" between two other airlines. It is hard for me to imagine what sort of factors could lead to such a war, but after the incident this morning, it is a little clearer to me now. IAVA would never get into a war, so long as the members can allow people to have their own opinions, and are able to laugh at ourselves, like everybody should be able to do.

My official response to the entire situation:
Talk less. Fly more.

-Acf492

Last edited by acf492 on Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total

acf492
IAVA Chief Executive Officer

View user profile http://ysflightsim.wikia.com/wiki/User:Acf492

Back to top Go down

Re: My position on FAVA, clarified

Post  Buzzard Hunter on Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:57 pm

No matter if we are ridicilous,and we aren't trained enough,i will stay here 'til the very end of the IA VA.
Buzzard Hunter
Inactive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  acf492 on Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:32 am

Oh, don't worry, you are totally allowed to become as great a pilot as you can imagine. Smile How you get there is all up to you.

Thanks for your commitment to IAVA!

acf492
IAVA Chief Executive Officer

View user profile http://ysflightsim.wikia.com/wiki/User:Acf492

Back to top Go down

Post  Buzzard Hunter on Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:19 pm

Dude,you guys took me as part of a family.I am a brother,so i need to protect you people,no matter what.
Very Happy
Buzzard Hunter
Inactive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yuser10 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:28 pm

my opinion about fava: same as oava, atva, and hava. Another va. yipee. The only va i really pay attention to is iava Laughing
Yuser10
Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Buzzard Hunter on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:37 am

Yuser10 wrote:my opinion about fava: same as oava, atva, and hava. Another va. yipee. The only va i really pay attention to is iava Laughing

Got my point brother.All VA's are the same,with only exceptions in personnel and colors.
Buzzard Hunter
Inactive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  J.D. on Thu May 23, 2013 4:37 pm

Buzzard Hunter wrote:No matter if we are ridicilous,and we aren't trained enough,i will stay here 'til the very end of the IA VA.

I lol'd when reading this quote.

He hasn't visited in almost a year, and we're still alive.
J.D.
Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HawkbitAlpha on Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:12 pm

I know this is supposed to be locked, but I'm posting anyway because deal with it.

acf492 wrote:All would have been fine except that FAVA EXO David appeared at that exact moment, and reacted immediately accusing myself and the other user of talking behind his back, and seemed quite upset at "all this bullsh*t" from multiple sources.

Ahahahahaha. Dan and Dave have a terrible temper

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordSlayerXL

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top