IAVA Paint Schemes

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

IAVA Paint Schemes

Post  HawkbitAlpha on Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:22 pm

Airliner paint:



Escort fighter paint:



Last edited by Prince Dark on Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:04 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
avatar
HawkbitAlpha
IAVA Executive Officer

Posts : 136
Join date : 2011-09-09
Location : Globetrotter

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordSlayerXL

Back to top Go down

Re: IAVA Paint Schemes

Post  Yuser10 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:26 pm

2nd, still alot of whitespace.

Why not keep the escort wighters with air camo? i think it looks really cool.
avatar
Yuser10
Friend

Posts : 56
Join date : 2011-11-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: IAVA Paint Schemes

Post  HawkbitAlpha on Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:41 pm

Yuser10 wrote:2nd, still alot of whitespace.

Why not keep the escort fighters with air camo? i think it looks really cool.

The red paint matches IAVA's livery. It was the idea of Buzzard Hunter.

_________________
avatar
HawkbitAlpha
IAVA Executive Officer

Posts : 136
Join date : 2011-09-09
Location : Globetrotter

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordSlayerXL

Back to top Go down

Re: IAVA Paint Schemes

Post  Yuser10 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:48 pm

in that case, red shall be the color, but red and white? Why not a 2-color scheme with white or black added to it? Maybe red/yellow or red/gray?

EDIT: I recolored the iava f-14 to match the color scheme. Insanely high vis, doesn't look that good the way panellines clash with the top of the plane.
avatar
Yuser10
Friend

Posts : 56
Join date : 2011-11-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: IAVA Paint Schemes

Post  acf492 on Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:18 am

I will take a look and see if I can figure out how to do repaints myself. I will post if I am successful.

Also, I agree with Yuser, both for fighters and airliners too. What about red/grey? I don't like the idea of red/black for airliners though.

_________________
Intercontinental Pilot #IA002 | Flying with IAVA since Aug 2011
57th Polyvalent Squadron, Cargo Division, CO
avatar
acf492
IAVA Chief Executive Officer

Posts : 57
Join date : 2011-09-16

View user profile http://ysflightsim.wikia.com/wiki/User:Acf492

Back to top Go down

Re: IAVA Paint Schemes

Post  Yuser10 on Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:41 pm

Why not choose a red/gray disruptor for the escorts and red/gray current pattern for airliners or something?
avatar
Yuser10
Friend

Posts : 56
Join date : 2011-11-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: IAVA Paint Schemes

Post  Buzzard Hunter on Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:30 pm

Prince Dark wrote:Airliner paint:



Escort fighter paint:


You know i don't like Raptors,do you?

I also did my homework...



A F-15C with jet black paint and blood red on wingtips and cannon hole and sky blue under the fuselage.



The same fighter,but with a blue coloring and white undercarriage.Oh,and a badass shark mouth too.

avatar
Buzzard Hunter
Inactive

Posts : 39
Join date : 2011-09-19
Age : 20
Location : Brazil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: IAVA Paint Schemes

Post  HawkbitAlpha on Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:24 pm



The same fighter,but with a blue coloring and white undercarriage.Oh,and a badass shark mouth too.


This looks even better than mine Exclamation But try red instead of blue..

_________________
avatar
HawkbitAlpha
IAVA Executive Officer

Posts : 136
Join date : 2011-09-09
Location : Globetrotter

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordSlayerXL

Back to top Go down

Re: IAVA Paint Schemes

Post  Buzzard Hunter on Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:33 pm

Prince Dark wrote:


The same fighter,but with a blue coloring and white undercarriage.Oh,and a badass shark mouth too.


This looks even better than mine Exclamation But try red instead of blue..

You mean inverting the red/blue livery?Well,why not making an urban camo then?It should look like that:

avatar
Buzzard Hunter
Inactive

Posts : 39
Join date : 2011-09-19
Age : 20
Location : Brazil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: IAVA Paint Schemes

Post  HawkbitAlpha on Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:50 am

Buzzard Hunter wrote:
Prince Dark wrote:


The same fighter,but with a blue coloring and white undercarriage.Oh,and a badass shark mouth too.


This looks even better than mine Exclamation But try red instead of blue..

You mean inverting the red/blue livery?Well,why not making an urban camo then?It should look like that:


That's perfect Very Happy

_________________
avatar
HawkbitAlpha
IAVA Executive Officer

Posts : 136
Join date : 2011-09-09
Location : Globetrotter

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordSlayerXL

Back to top Go down

Re: IAVA Paint Schemes

Post  Buzzard Hunter on Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:15 pm

Alright,now we need someone to make the Paintjob. Smile
avatar
Buzzard Hunter
Inactive

Posts : 39
Join date : 2011-09-19
Age : 20
Location : Brazil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: IAVA Paint Schemes

Post  Yuser10 on Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:21 pm

red and light blue together? hmmmm....
nah
lol
replace the blue with yellow just to see what it looks like. And i think maybe a more organized 3-color camo would be better(red/gray/light blue-yellow whichever you pick.)
And with the camo, the plane needs to be a birdfarm plane. Do whatever you can for less polygons, it will certainly help you defent the plane. one polygon only on the bottom of the wing before camoflage is placed, 5-poly elevators and 4-poly tail.

*CUTTING POLYGONS SOON*

The waves on the camo should be smoother, it would be faster to make and cleaner-looking. make the wings look like the maritime scheme or something.

Should I do a no-transparency plane for reduced lag?

When you finalize the colors, post the rgb of all 3 colors and the rgb value of the intermediates.

Also,
http://ysfhq.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=857&p=22284&hilit=squadron+livery#p22284

There has to be a way in geopoly to draw a circle and cut a circle in a polygon. how?
avatar
Yuser10
Friend

Posts : 56
Join date : 2011-11-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: IAVA Paint Schemes

Post  Buzzard Hunter on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:36 am

I just give you guys the paint scheme,not the full model lol! also,i like your suggestion Yuser,then,i got some work out here...



Got the Eagle a Jet Black/Blood Red/Light Gold camouflage.What do you guys think about that?

Color Values:

Blood Red - 127,63,63 - Saturation 50,Brightness 50.
Jet Black - 64,64,64 - Saturation 0,Brightness 25
Light Gold - 255,233,17 - Saturation 50,Brightness 100

That's what i've got there.
avatar
Buzzard Hunter
Inactive

Posts : 39
Join date : 2011-09-19
Age : 20
Location : Brazil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: IAVA Paint Schemes

Post  Yuser10 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:48 pm

gnarly. now, is there a way to draw to cut a polygon in geopoly? And are we gonna make 10 different planes for 10 different number pilots? lol
avatar
Yuser10
Friend

Posts : 56
Join date : 2011-11-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: IAVA Paint Schemes

Post  Buzzard Hunter on Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:26 pm

Yuser10 wrote:gnarly. now, is there a way to draw to cut a polygon in geopoly? And are we gonna make 10 different planes for 10 different number pilots? lol

Not really.Just make for the active pilots,that is Me,Acf492,Prince and you.
avatar
Buzzard Hunter
Inactive

Posts : 39
Join date : 2011-09-19
Age : 20
Location : Brazil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: IAVA Paint Schemes

Post  Yuser10 on Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:33 pm

gosh these normals are killing me, i can't delete and replace a polygon without getting an awkward gradient right down the middle.
avatar
Yuser10
Friend

Posts : 56
Join date : 2011-11-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: IAVA Paint Schemes

Post  Yuser10 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:36 pm

double post because the other post is a while old.

I chose the f-14, not only is it one of the harder ones to repaint, but it it useless compared to the newer fighters. The reason i wanted the upgraded f-14 is for supercruise, but the f-22 can do that and the f-22 has better turns and weaponry. plus stealth. Is anyone repainting an f-22 or will i need to?

Also, can everyone post what they're repainting? I want to repaint an su-37 or something. I need models without the double vertices.
avatar
Yuser10
Friend

Posts : 56
Join date : 2011-11-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: IAVA Paint Schemes

Post  Buzzard Hunter on Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:12 am

Yuser10 wrote:double post because the other post is a while old.

I chose the f-14, not only is it one of the harder ones to repaint, but it it useless compared to the newer fighters. The reason i wanted the upgraded f-14 is for supercruise, but the f-22 can do that and the f-22 has better turns and weaponry. plus stealth. Is anyone repainting an f-22 or will i need to?

Also, can everyone post what they're repainting? I want to repaint an su-37 or something. I need models without the double vertices.

Then give me that F-15.I would NEVER fly an F-22 unless for aerobatic shows.

At least try a Russkie fighter,like the PAK-FA.it does the same freaking thing the f-22 does,and gets a much better and varied payload than the Craptor,just disposing some of the stealth (it still is,but with a lower grade).
avatar
Buzzard Hunter
Inactive

Posts : 39
Join date : 2011-09-19
Age : 20
Location : Brazil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: IAVA Paint Schemes

Post  Yuser10 on Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:27 pm

hater.... lol
The pak fa is a collection of all the best american technology with a little russian canard stuff lol. And the raptor is able to dispose its stealth for like a 10 or 12 missile payload.
Anyway (dismisses which is better battle) I might repaint an f-22 for concorde escort, how much do you hate raptors? They're among the best, why not use them? I think it's a good idea, I want to know if i can try to repaint it.
avatar
Yuser10
Friend

Posts : 56
Join date : 2011-11-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: IAVA Paint Schemes

Post  Buzzard Hunter on Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:27 pm

Yuser10 wrote:hater.... lol
The pak fa is a collection of all the best american technology with a little russian canard stuff lol. And the raptor is able to dispose its stealth for like a 10 or 12 missile payload.
Anyway (dismisses which is better battle) I might repaint an f-22 for concorde escort, how much do you hate raptors? They're among the best, why not use them? I think it's a good idea, I want to know if i can try to repaint it.

I hate it so much that there's only one exception to use it (If it's on AC4's Mobius 1 paintjob).Still,he's not the best - The EA-18G dedicated jammer aircraft could "kill" him on a combat training.That leads me to thinking "If the jammer shot him down,why not other interceptors?"

Also,the PAK can carry more missiles (some 14 or 16,IIRC lol) AND ground weaponry (rockets,bombs,cruise missiles,etc) than the F-22 (which is limited to the Paveway guided bombs).
avatar
Buzzard Hunter
Inactive

Posts : 39
Join date : 2011-09-19
Age : 20
Location : Brazil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: IAVA Paint Schemes

Post  Yuser10 on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:31 pm

Buzzard Hunter wrote:
Yuser10 wrote:hater.... lol
The pak fa is a collection of all the best american technology with a little russian canard stuff lol. And the raptor is able to dispose its stealth for like a 10 or 12 missile payload.
Anyway (dismisses which is better battle) I might repaint an f-22 for concorde escort, how much do you hate raptors? They're among the best, why not use them? I think it's a good idea, I want to know if i can try to repaint it.

I hate it so much that there's only one exception to use it (If it's on AC4's Mobius 1 paintjob).Still,he's not the best - The EA-18G dedicated jammer aircraft could "kill" him on a combat training.That leads me to thinking "If the jammer shot him down,why not other interceptors?"

Also,the PAK can carry more missiles (some 14 or 16,IIRC lol) AND ground weaponry (rockets,bombs,cruise missiles,etc) than the F-22 (which is limited to the Paveway guided bombs).

That's like saying the owner of an account cracked his own password lawl.
And if an f-22 got its radar jammed irl it would flee as another aircraft sneaks in from a different angle as the enemy chases the f-22.
And the U.S. has other planes for ground attack. You bring up a good point: the f-22 is a dedicated fighter specialized for the job while the pak-fa is a generic multirole.

BACK ON TOPIC,,,,,,
I can't easily repaint a plane because all of them have at least one place with 2 vertices in the same place. It throws me off bigtime. How can i merge 2 vertices?
avatar
Yuser10
Friend

Posts : 56
Join date : 2011-11-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: IAVA Paint Schemes

Post  acf492 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:26 pm

Yuser10 wrote:double post because the other post is a while old.

Don't worry Yuser10, you won't get a warning for a double post as you would on YSFHQ.com. But since I am an administrator here (tee-hee!) I will give you a warning anyway. If you collect 10 warnings, you get a T-Shirt Smile

I have sent YSFHQ user "Vandal" the link to this thread. He will let me know whether he is willing to do the repaints for our VA. That said, I finally want to put in my two cents: I think we should scrap the "Intercontinental" from the wings, as my experience tells me that words turn out UGLY when they are rendered in YSFlight. Other then that, unless anyone has any other changes they want to put forward, Vandal will see what we've got as it is on this thread.

_________________
Intercontinental Pilot #IA002 | Flying with IAVA since Aug 2011
57th Polyvalent Squadron, Cargo Division, CO
avatar
acf492
IAVA Chief Executive Officer

Posts : 57
Join date : 2011-09-16

View user profile http://ysflightsim.wikia.com/wiki/User:Acf492

Back to top Go down

Re: IAVA Paint Schemes

Post  acf492 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:11 am

With a really generous offer from Dragonheart R1, we may receive a repainted 737 MAX 7. I have designed a more workable repaint for submission, since experience has shown that printed letters/words don't look that great in YS and a little more detail in the scheme was needed.



I hope he likes it enough to tackle it!

http://ysfhq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=160&t=4674&p=55680#p55680

_________________
Intercontinental Pilot #IA002 | Flying with IAVA since Aug 2011
57th Polyvalent Squadron, Cargo Division, CO
avatar
acf492
IAVA Chief Executive Officer

Posts : 57
Join date : 2011-09-16

View user profile http://ysflightsim.wikia.com/wiki/User:Acf492

Back to top Go down

Re: IAVA Paint Schemes

Post  HawkbitAlpha on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:11 pm

...this beats my old scheme by a long shot.

_________________
avatar
HawkbitAlpha
IAVA Executive Officer

Posts : 136
Join date : 2011-09-09
Location : Globetrotter

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordSlayerXL

Back to top Go down

Re: IAVA Paint Schemes

Post  acf492 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:25 am

It looks like we've got a repaint!

http://ysfhq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=193&t=4706

The expected delivery date is 15-December, so be ready!

Here is a preview of the repaints so far, by DHR1:

_________________
Intercontinental Pilot #IA002 | Flying with IAVA since Aug 2011
57th Polyvalent Squadron, Cargo Division, CO
avatar
acf492
IAVA Chief Executive Officer

Posts : 57
Join date : 2011-09-16

View user profile http://ysflightsim.wikia.com/wiki/User:Acf492

Back to top Go down

Re: IAVA Paint Schemes

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum