We need dedicated pilots!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

We need dedicated pilots!!!

Post  acf492 on Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:16 am

To all pilots of Intercontinental:

It has been a month since the airline began the certification process. While we continue to recruit new pilots, it is time for pilots to show us what they're made of. In order to keep this thing alive, we need to make an effort to fly regularly.

When I first announced that I had applied for certification on YSFHQ, I said that it was a good time to start logging hours in flight. Since then, I have been diligently counting my hours, and I have a lot of them. BUT this is an airline, and my flights aren't enough. According to YSFHQ, the minimum is 3 pilots. This is do-able.

In the link above, I have used a free online spreadsheet for my hours. You don't have to do that. It can be as simple as using notepad.exe to record the information. Here is a sample of how you can track your flights:

Code:

DATE AIRCRAFT ORIGIN-DESTINATION TIME ENDTIME HOURS
16-nov b737 honolulu-lihue 6pm 627pm 0.5
16-nov a340 IA127,IA109 18:34 19:34 1.0

Before you takeoff, simply write the date, the aircraft you plan to fly with, your route, and the current time. Then, when you land, write down the time, and calculate the hours. You can do this roughly. A 15 minute flight is 0.25, a 30-minute flight is 0.5, and a 45 minute flight is 0.75. That is all you need to do, and when the system is up, you can enter this all in (retroactively) to show everyone that our airline rocks!

Once the tracker is active, all you will need to do is keep [IAVA] in your in-flight name. But it may be some time before it is activated, so you might as well get used to logging hours manually. I am, and trust me, it is not that tedious once you get used to it.

Please let me know you guys are on board!

Thanks

acf492
IAVA Chief Executive Officer

View user profile http://ysflightsim.wikia.com/wiki/User:Acf492

Back to top Go down

Re: We need dedicated pilots!!!

Post  HawkbitAlpha on Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:47 pm

First off,

I agree. A lot of the pilots that we have recruited have not been on for about 2 months (i.e. GIOVANNY, Alex, TJBurch). It's not that hard to fly regularly.

Second, this topic belongs in Off-Topic area. Moved.

-MK

(Edit, 6-18-13: The reason I marked this topic as off-topic is because it is not a company discussion; it is a mere commitment reminder)

Last edited by Prince Darkstar on Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:11 am; edited 1 time in total

HawkbitAlpha
IAVA Executive Officer

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordSlayerXL

Back to top Go down

Post  acf492 on Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:13 am

This is definitely ON-Topic! While my personal flight logging isn't relevant to other pilots, the important point is whether or not they are tracking hours -- it is vital!

If IA VA doesn't show that it has the minimums, it will cease to be recognized as an airline by YSFHQ standards.

-Acf492

acf492
IAVA Chief Executive Officer

View user profile http://ysflightsim.wikia.com/wiki/User:Acf492

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top