How to request new routes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to request new routes

Post  acf492 on Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:41 am

I have decided to adopt the Civ-02 routes into IA VA. These numberings are perfect, as they have been shuffled to avoid confusions caused by numbering such as 22, 23, 24, 25.

The routes I added were only between International Airports, specifically I have personally flown to each one and tested the runway length! IA VA at the present moment uses heavy and medium airliners. I didn't want to create a route that causes crashes due to rwy overrun. The current list is safe. (Somehow, somebody added Molokai to the routes, and I personally witnessed them crash a heavy airliner multiple times at that airport)

Any other routes will have to be flown by smaller aircraft, for reasonably safe operation. In these cases, the routes will be separated out, as "commuter routes" to warn pilots not to go there in a 747, A340, 777, Concorde, etc.

To request a route be added:

1. Go to the Civ-02: Routes, and locate the route you want (all routes have been numbered)
  2. Make sure that an IA VA plane is capable of taking off from both airports on that route (CR2xx-4xx suit medium airliners, 5xx-9xx are suitable for small planes only)
  3. PM me with the route you want, and specify which plane in IA VA can safely fly that route.

Routes servicing 3 or more airports - Multistop routes
  • Not recommended due to server reset tendencies. It is best to fly individual routes for simplicity.
  • If you really want to add a route that goes to more then one destination, there must be a strong desire to fly that route to justify creating a new number. So requests for multi-stop routes should include your flight log with at least two successful trips along the planned route.
  • A custom number will be created (IA2xxx) if you apply for a route following the above steps.

acf492
IAVA Chief Executive Officer

View user profile http://ysflightsim.wikia.com/wiki/User:Acf492

Back to top Go down

Re: How to request new routes

Post  HawkbitAlpha on Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:07 am

acf492 wrote:(Somehow, somebody added Molokai to the routes, and I personally witnessed them crash a heavy airliner multiple times at that airport)

XD that was me...I just couldn't stand for there not to be a Molokai route since that's one of my most flown flights. LOL it needed a route number. Planes like 747-sized airliners can't land there, but some of our smaller craft like the Learjet and Tristar could probably make it. The only problem I have landing a 747 at that airport isn't an overrun, but when I try parking, the right wing always hits the damn terminal building (I always use the turnoff at the very end of the runway to have the least turning speed).

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordSlayerXL

Back to top Go down

Post  acf492 on Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:16 pm

A B747 can land at molokai if you are precise, but it is not guaranteed to take off safely, as I previously observed.

acf492
IAVA Chief Executive Officer

View user profile http://ysflightsim.wikia.com/wiki/User:Acf492

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top